onsdag 10 mars 2010

As many times as I blink I'll think of you tonight

The stars lean down to kiss you

And I lie awake and miss you

Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere

'Cause I'll doze off safe and soundly

But I'll miss your arms around me

I'd send a postcard to you, dear

'Cause I wish you were here

 
I'll watch the night turn light-blue

But it's not the same without you

Because it takes two to whisper quietly

 
The silence isn't so bad

'Til I look at my hands and feel sad

'Cause the spaces between my fingers

Are right where yours fit perfectly

 
I'll find repose in new ways

Though I haven't slept in two days

'Cause cold nostalgia

Chills me to the bone

 
But drenched in vanilla twilight

I'll sit on the front porch all night

Waist-deep in thought because

When I think of you I don't feel so alone

I don't feel so alone, I don't feel so alone

As many times as I blink

I'll think of you tonight

I'll think of you tonight

 
When violet eyes get brighter

And heavy wings grow lighter

I'll taste the sky and feel alive again

And I'll forget the world that I knew

But I swear I won't forget you

Oh, if my voice could reach

Back through the past

I'd whisper in your ear

Oh darling, I wish you were here



Vem behöver bli låtskrivare när det finns texter för det mesta?
 
Owl City - Vanilla Twilight


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

2023 sista fest

 Vi har kommit till 2023s sista fest.  Det var en mulen dag. Var lite orolig att vi inte skulle njuta våran utsikt när det skulle bli ett n...